Monday 14 January 2013

What a Difference a Day Makes

Well, we were told that bad weather was coming and it should come as no surprise to anybody that it did.

We awoke this morning to about an inch or so of the dreaded white stuff. Personally I love snow, but for Gail it is the cause of sleepless nights and hours of constant worrying. Probably because she is determined that she will get to work and that I know that you cannot teach inexperienced learners to drive when all that they are thinking about is that snow is very slippery.

I did pick up my intended victim, sorry, pupil, on time today for a scheduled three and a half hour lesson. We bravely carried on mastering the "The Turn in The Road" and "The Left Reverse" before calling it a day after about three hours. The snow was beginning to settle on the roads and I was getting concerned that I might have a problem getting back on to the marina.

The return journey took me nearly two hours. Two Hours to do about 30 miles. Admittedly the roads were white, but most of the extra time was incurred because either people were driving at ridiculously slow speeds or breakdown trucks stopping traffic to collect their next fare.

OK rant over. I did get back to the marina and as expected Gail had done everything perfectly. Stove ticking over nicely and dogs fed and watered. Next Job for me. Walk the dogs.

 
The best part of my day, and what a beautiful place to be in. Same old walk, but made so different by a little bit of snow

 
That's "Crack Hill"

 
And that's not, but it is the beginning of a great sunset.

 
Gail is staying at her mothers tonight (late finish and early start) so I am forced to look after myself. Its cold pork, mashed potatoes and baked beans, with lashings and lashings of ginger beer, no, that's Branston Pickle. Just slipped into Enid Blyton mode there for a second.
 
Thats it for today folks. Another day that just confirms my belief that Gail and I have made the correct life changing decision to move on to the cut
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment