Thursday 31 January 2013

At Last - Wi-Fi is returned

Ages since last post I know. The marina Wi-Fi has been down since the first lot of heavy rain and wind. Thankfully it is now back up and running.

So what has been going on since my last post. In short, not much. Unfortunately I have had to work. A 48 Hour Guaranteed Pass Course in Stamford. Obviously this has taken up much of my time. The pupils test was today and sadly she failed. However another test will soon be booked and I am sure she will pass next time as she was so close this time.

However, back to life aboard.

When we first moved on to Jolli, our dogs were nor particularly fit, and due to their age, we were unsure that they could make it to the pub and back. Our fears were groundless and during the snow covered days it was our want, to walk around the marina, down the lane, and finally through the village high street to the local. We had planned to due this last Sunday, but owing to the incredibly rapid thaw and all that rain. The aforementioned route had become an absolute quagmire. We deemed it unfair to other pub users to take two very wet and muddy dogs and so left them on Jolli whilst we went for Sunday Lunch.

However Gail and I took the same route and I took a couple of pics of Tess's bed fellows that had escaped their winter home

 
I don't know what it is about calves but they are so cute and these two were happy to pose.

 
Maybe it is knowing that they are both cute and very tasty that gets me all excited
 
So we got to the local and our table was reserved. "Would you like to see the menu?" the young lady behind the bar said. "That's alright" we replied. "We'll have two roast beef lunches" said we, our mouths watering at the prospect.
 
"Sorry, we're not doing Sunday Lunches today." said young lady. "There's been a mix up," she added.
 
I wanted to enquire what the mix up was. Didn't the chef know it was Sunday? Were they going to do Sunday Lunches on Monday? WHATS THE BLOODY MIX UP?
 
Gail could sense my general feelings on this rather inane statement and, placing a calming hand around my throat, dragged me from the pub saying to the young lady behind the bar, "That's OK, we'll leave it thanks"
 

So we walked backed to the marina. The calves were still there, looking tastier than ever, got in the car and went to The Wheatsheaf at Crick. I have to say, it was a blessing in disguise. It was the best Sunday Lunch I have ever had, and without doubt, we will be going back there again. Lovely pub, pleasant and friendly landlord and top notch grub. Spot on. Can't recommend it highly enough. And there hadn't been a "mix up"

OK, rant over. I've finished work now until Monday, and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow (Friday). We've got a couple of friends coming to join us, and we are all going to cruise up to Welford Wharf and have lunch at the pub there. Gail, Jolli and I will stay there for next week, as my work next week is in Wigston and Welford is closer.

Don't know how internet will be there (Apparently I have to buy "a dongle" whatever that is), so next post may be tomorrow or maybe not.

Stay safe and happy
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment