Saturday 12 January 2013

Nothing very exciting to report from the last few days I'm afraid. I started back to work this week after a glorious 6 weeks off, getting to know our (now) beloved "Jolli".

I took a lad to test from Pertenhall on Tuesday and he passed. I was really pleased because now I only have a couple of pupils that are on a weekly pay as you go basis. It is my intention to only teach intensive courses from now on. That way I can work less and spend more time on "Jolli" with our dogs, Tess and Tam, and our lovely canal system.

Gail and I went shopping in Daventry and Rugby today, and spent a small fortune on clothes for the predicted cold weather and some esential food stuffs. We both bought a pair of snow boots. Gail also bought a pair of Jeggings, after I accidentally shrunk her favorite pair by putting them in the marina dryer on too hot a cycle. That'll teach her to let me do the washing, she wont ask me to do that again. I was only tring to help. She also bought a rather nice, warm looking woollen long cardy type thing. Yours truly bought a lovely warm hat that makes me look like a right idiot, a smashing jumper and a rugby shirt that will do for both leisure and work. God knows where we are ging to stow it all.

We haven't got this minamalist life style down to pat yet, and "Jolli" is beggining to groan at the seams. We'll probably have sunk the bloody thing by Easter. All of our cupboards, wardrobes etc are full. Gail will just have to chuck some of her stuff out. I'll put that solution to her later. (About 8 cans of Guinness later)

We both have the weekend off and tomorrow we are having a proper Sunday. Late from bed and early to Pub, followed by a roast, and then a snooze in front of the telly. Some where along the way we have to get in a reasonable walk for the dogs as they have been rather badly done by today with only the bare minimum of excercise. Just enough to prevent accidents on "Jolli"

Gail is watching some inane progamme on the telly and the dogs are both asleep.
 


I did try and prod Tess into action but as you can see she is not all that keen
 


The stove is all fired up for tonights cold weather and the telly has a good signal. There is a new Ken Follet on Channel 4 "The Ends of The Earth" I believe its called which I am looking forward to.
 
Anyhow all is well with us. Blog again soon.
 
Chris, Gail, Tam & Tess
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi to you all. Thank you for sending me the link to your blog, I will add you to my blog list.

    Happy New Year xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete