Wednesday 16 January 2013

Rimey or Hoary

Here's something that's always puzzled me. When is a frost, "A Hoar Frost" and when is it, "A Rime Frost"

For example what do you think this is:

 
 
Well, I don't want to get into a long winded debate over this so make your own mind up. Here's a link to the now infamous Wikipedia to help
 
 
Today was a rest day for Gail  and a kind of a snow day for me. I collected a pupil at nine only to drop her off again at 9-30am. Her test is at 8-10am tomorrow morning and I KNOW that it will be cancelled so what is the point of her wasting her "paid for" hours until we know that her test is going to happen. I returned back to our lovely toasty "Jolli" by 10-30am
Gail had a friend visiting her in the morning. The ever lovely "Nicky". We all enjoyed tea and crumpets. Incidentally, Nicky, has a thriving dog sitting and kennelling business. You can board your dogs with her and they have a wonderful time on her farm, living with her own dogs, and enjoying all the cuddles and love that they would get at home. Providing that your dogs do not require manicures, pedicures or daily visits to the hairdressers. We board our own "babies" with Nicky and the buggers don't want to come home. I know that Nicky's very busy over the summer months, but if you would like details feel free to contact me and I will pass on your details. 
 
Today's dog walk was the same as yesterdays, but because of the colder weather it was again as fresh as the first time we did it.


 
The fog hardly lifted today. I suppose it will tonight, just enough to let all the heat out and give us a real hard frost for tomorrow

 
Kind of magical really. Like a frost tunnel.

 
Gail, with no "pooh" bag

 
Rime or Hoar. Made your mind up yet?
 
 
And back to "Jolli" or was it?

 
On Gail's insistence we had to go to the local after our arduous walk, not a lot of people about, but as you can see, the fire was welcoming and welcome, and last but not least, warm

 

 

 
At least Gail had someone to talk to and I could have a couple of pints in blessed warmth. Have I mentioned that it was very welcoming and very warm

 
And so back to "Jolli". Still warm and welcoming (I've heard that somewhere before) for lamb cutlets and roast vegetables.
 
Another cracking day.
 
Be careful out there on the roads all of you. The weather forecast is decidely, how shall I say, hmmm? Oh yeah. Crap
 
I reckon it was a "Hoar Frost". What do you all think?


No comments:

Post a Comment