Saturday 19 January 2013

Snow Day "Yipeeeeee"

Yesterday, what a day. I did get all my boaty jobs done, including emptying "The Shitter" as the cassette toilet has been lovingly named. Hereafter to be called "The S" so as not to offend my more delicate readers. Took a  trip into Crick, to the Co-op, to load up on essential supplies. (Beer and milk).

The snow was rather persistent wasn't it. Snowing virtually all day. when I came back from my brief shopping expedition, the roads were beginning to cover nicely. I haven't seen what they're like this morning (Sat), I can only guess that they are extremely hazardous and to be avoided at all costs.

The dogs did get a long walk yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it, as did I. What was only intended to be a brief, "wee-pooh" walk (for the dogs that is, I have mastered the use of the toilet)  turned into a bit of a hike.

 
 
The marina now has a pretty good covering of between 4 to 6 inches

 

 
The ice this morning is about 3 inches thick, so I'm guessing there'll not be a lot of boats moving today

 
The top of the hill was the final destination of our walk and conditions were a little inclement. Although the dogs didn't seem to mind much. Somebody told me recently, a wise old sage from the local village. "There ain't no such thing as bad weather mate, just bad clothes". He may have a point.

 
Although Tess, not in the habit of wearing clothes, would probably have had something to say on that point.

 
Tam just ran around like a puppy as usual.
 
Have to go now folks. The dogs have just informed me that they feel up to a walk to the nearest pub at lunchtime after they had a chat with "Bella" the dog next door, on this mornings constitutional. Her owners are going as well, so we'll make a little social outing of it.
 
Very nice.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment