Saturday 29 December 2012

So, its 29th December 2012, and today was to be the start of our second cruising adventure. We had intended to cruise to Stoke Bruerne for The New Year, but have you seen the weather out there.

Last night was the worst nights sleep we had, since moving on board. Not because of the wind (should that be howling gale) and the various increase in noise that the wind brought, but because of our wimpy dog, Tam. What a poof. The whole night was spent reassuring him that the world wasn't going to end within the next two minutes. With a 5 stone dog trying to leap onto our 3/4 size bed every 5 minutes so he could lay in between Gail and I, shivering and slobbering, (Tam not Gail, that is) I soon gave up and resigned myself to a sleepless night on the reclining chair in the saloon.

So the question now is, do we go for it in the wind and rain, or do we sit it out for a day in the marina hoping for more clement weather. Gail is dead set against going, so I guess that answers that question. Hopefully the wind will die down a little later on and we can at least make it to Norton Junction.

So with nothing planned for the day I might suggest we nip into Daventry to get some cheapie reading glasses for yours truly as I've managed to loose two pairs in the last two days.

I'll let you know later what happens



No comments:

Post a Comment